Evanston Social Security Overpayment Lawyers Operating in the Greater Chicagoland Area
Sometimes Social Security makes a mistake and overpays, or claims to have overpaid, a person. In other cases, a beneficiary returns to work without informing Social Security and continues to collect benefits to which he or she is not entitled, or an individual earns more than he or she is allowed to earn. These matters can often be resolved with the assistance of an experienced Social Security disability attorney.
Experienced Representation In Overpayment Cases
At the Marvin & Associates, P.C., we represent people in Social Security overpayment cases of all kinds. We may be able to help you if:
- You have received a notice that you owe money to the Social Security Administration
- You have been overpaid by the Social Security Administration and you believe the overpayment itself is in error or the amount of the overpayment is incorrect
- The Social Security Administration is threatening to garnish your wages
- You were reportedly overpaid because you exceeded the trial work period of nine months
- You are seeking to have the Administration waive the requirement that you repay the overpayment. If you told Social Security to stop making payments and it did not do so, you may be able to obtain a waiver
Unless you are also seeking to have disability benefits reinstated, we charge on an hourly basis, not on contingency, for overpayment cases. However, we have been successful in helping many claimants reduce the amount of their overpayments and otherwise resolve their legal problems.
Evanston Disability Overpayment Attorneys Operating in the Greater Chicagoland Area
Disability overpayment matters can be complicated. Our firm’s Evanston Social Security overpayment attorneys can help you understand your options for resolving your case. We have handled all types of Illinois cases involving overpayment. Contact us if you wish to discuss an overpayment claim with an experienced lawyer.