Social Security Disability Qualifications Firm Operating in the Greater Chicagoland Area
The federal government provides disability benefits to millions of Americans through the Social Security Administration. Any medically diagnosed physical or mental condition can potentially qualify a person for these benefits if it prevents him or her from working for more than a year, but an applicant must document and demonstrate his or her disability through a complicated, bureaucratic process.
Social Security benefits are notoriously difficult to obtain. If you or a loved one is unable to work due to disability and you are pursuing benefits, you may need the advice of a lawyer to help you reach your goal.
Helping People Get Benefits For More Than 25 Years
At Marvin & Associates, P.C., we advise and represent people in seeking to obtain federal disability benefits. With 25 years of experience and hundreds of successful cases to our credit, we handle:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): For persons who have become unable to work because of a disability, SSDI provides income and, after a waiting period, health benefits through Medicare.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): SSI is a welfare-type benefit with specific income requirements. In addition to income, SSI recipients receive health benefits through Medicaid.
- Disabled widows’ benefits: If you are a widow or widower between the ages of 50 and 60 and you are disabled, you may qualify based on your deceased spouse’s account.
- Disabled adult child benefits: If their parents are deceased, children disabled before the age of 22 may be able to receive benefits through this special program.
- Concurrent claims: Some people apply for both SSDI and SSI benefits, particularly those who have been unemployed for a significant period of time.
What About Fees?
We do not charge upfront legal fees for clients seeking disability benefits — our firm works on a contingency basis in these matters. If you are appealing the termination of benefits or an overpayment claim, there may be a charge for our services.
Evanston Disability Benefits Attorneys Operating in the Greater Chicagoland Area
Do you have questions about Social Security Disability qualifications? Our firm’s Evanston attorneys can answer them. We can help you understand whether you qualify for SSDI or SSI disability benefits. Contact us for a free consultation in the Evanston, Illinois, area.